No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Yeah, I'm pissed....

So, I had the joy of turning 21 this past Sunday, and instead of having a good ole time getting shit faced, instead I was at the urgent care clinic getting diagnosed with STREP THROAT! What the hell? And, since I went home so my mommy could take care of me, I didn't bring any work or anything to study.
But, as a sliver lining to the cloud...there is a God in heaven, I am sure of it now. I went to the ABC store and told the clerk it was my first time, and he gave me 5 free mini bottles and a key chain...and no, I didn't sleep with him. I can't drink it though, because I am now on antibiotics!
The bonus of Strep is that I got out of clinicals...though, technically, after 24 hours of Antibiotic treatment, I am no longer contagious and I am free and clear to do whatever I want. But hey, if the instructor with her MSN doesn't know that, then I am not going to tell her....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    3 more days to Vegas......

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger SB said…

    Long time reader, first time poster...poster? Is that even the correct term?

    Anyway, here is the question, are there ABC stores anywhere but Hawaii?

    Happy belated birthday!!!

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I don't know about too many other states, but we do have ABC stores here, and we are not in Hawaii....

    And thank you for the belated b-day and same to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home