No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Last day of classes

Well, Friday was our last day of classes. It was also a day of celebration at my particular SON so there were tons of alumni around. They also had a breakfast buffet that coincided with our arrival at school that morning. It was very nice, they even let us use real plates and silverware.

Exams start on Monday. Normally, we get at least two "reading days" between the end of classes and the start of exams (not including weekends). We didn't get any this year, so some have been scrambling to get studying. Some of the rest of us are a little disgruntled with school and don't really care.

A couple of things I learned this week:

1. We are not going to ever get any comments on the actual content of the papers we write for nursing school. We will apparently only get graded on our grammar. And if there is nothing actually wrong with it, they will just plain make something up.
2. I didn't do this, but if you are going to sit on the stage in front of class when you give a presentation and you don't want everyone to see your hoo-hoo, don't wear a mini-skirt.

I guess I should start studying......

3 Comments:

  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck and best wishes on your finals! I was sharing about your blog and comments you have made to one of the Deans at the School of Nursing that I work at. It was a good conversation and your blog--while you haven't intended it to be educational, has been for me and I think it was valuable to the Dean as well.

    I hope you will continue with the blog--after finals, of course!

    Anonymous staff person from the other SON

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    was her hoo hoo covered or did she go commando?

    if covered, did she color coordinate?

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I didn't look that close. I have one, I don't have to look at others.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home