No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Peds Clincals are Done!!!

Finally!!!! My pediatric clinical rotation is finished. Don't get me wrong, I like kids. Just not when they are sick and with their parents. Besides, I have never felt so helpless and silly as when I was standing in a room with a screaming child that nothing would calm them down. And, there are plenty of people who want to go into pediatric nursing, so I will take a different job!

Speaking of jobs, we have already started looking for jobs for when we graduate in May. Seems very early to me, but hey, I don't want to miss the train. Getting into a good internship is about as difficult as getting into college. I never thought I would have to write essays for a job application! There are plenty of jobs out there for us, it is making sure you get the right job for you that is difficult.

My next clinical rotation is for psychiatry. I am going to be on the adolescent acute crisis unit at the state mental hospital. I know, I know we don't call them that anymore. But it is a state funded hospital for patients with mental health problems. Anyway, it should be interesting. I was dreading this rotation, but now that I have survived pediatrics, I'm pretty sure I will be able to do psych.

Hopefully I will have some good psych stories after next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home