No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Monday, June 20, 2005

Buffing auras

"Once a Marine", this one's for you!

Today, I had to sit through a seminar on healing touch. Ok, I'm not a healing touch kind of person, I don't really believe the whole energy field thing, auras, and chakras. So, it was sort of hard for me to take this whole thing seriously. Now, don't get me wrong, if having your energy field un-ruffled and smoothed makes you feel better, then go for it. If sticking Hershey's kisses to your forehead makes your headache go away, then by all means, go for it. But chances are good that if you ask me to "direct energy" or "un-ruffle" your energy field, I just might giggle.

So we are in this room and they are trying to get us to feel each other's energy field and then describe it. So some of the people are saying it is warm. Your hands are like 2 inches from the person's skin...of course it is warm...it's called body heat, morons. Well, I politely sat through the whole thing, dutifully participated, said the right stuff, and did not giggle too much!

So, Once a Marine....what was that hippie comment again???

2 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whenever you need somone to help you get your energy going and teach you how to feel someone elses energy, just let me know.

    Just joking. Really, just joking. Kinda. (I'm actually intimidated by you. I just realized that. Hmm.)

    Just 'cause you don't know how to do it doesn't mean you won't like it when you do it right. You just need the right surroundings and the right Shaman. Give it another shot.

    Maybe the next time you will giggle and have a good time with it. There is nothing more addicting than positive and sincere energy from a women.

    Either way, you still a hippie in my book. Never met a redhead that didn't have some flower power in her!

    Keep healing...

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Jamie said…

    Even though it's a month after the post, I am enjoying reading this blog.

    Brings back so many memories of nursing school, and the reason's I won't work on the 'floor' after working as a NA there first.

    I worked for a while as a LPN on the floor before getting a job in the ER as an RN. Never going back! No matter how crazy it is!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home