No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A word about course critiques

Our school does end of course critiques on line. They have a special website that we log into and complete evaluations on all of our courses and instructors. We have to evaluate every person who taught us for 3 or more hours throughout the semester to include clinical instructors. This can get a bit unwieldy. This semester I have 13 evaluations to do. Now, according to our instructors, their jobs depend on our evals. Ok, if that really is the case, I can see why they are obsessed with us completing them. But, I have received no less than 5 emails a day and at least 2 to 3 in person verbal reminders to fill out our evals this week. WE HAVE FINALS THIS WEEK. Do you really want me to evaluate your instruction and your course while I am studying obscene amounts of info for your ridiculously long final exam?? So far this week I have answered 350 multiple choice questions on subjects ranging from community health to obstectrics to research. I am NOT in the mood to give you the critique you want. I can give you a critique, but it will probably not say what you want it to say!

They wonder why we give overwhelmingly negative evals......timing is everything, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home