No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

End of Clinicals Eval

Well, I said I would post after my clinical evaluation. Unfortunately, I have nothing interesting to say. I went, she said I did well and then I left. No major revelations, but that isn't a shock. Oh, she also gave us our "big" paper back. I got an excellent grade, also not a shock. Not because I am such an excellent student but because my clinical instructor can't do anything mean. I don't think she gave anyone a bad grade, even if they deserved it. I am finding that there is no consistency in the standards at this school. They are downright anal about some things, but other (equally important) things are very slack. So for all of you non-medical types out there reading, if the standards are this varied in one school, imagine what they are like between schools! This means that there is a wide range of competency in the nursing world. Could be kind of scary........

We are baking cookies and stuff tonight to say thank you to the staff of the floor we did our clinical rotation on. We are spending a lot of time thanking people for doing their job and letting us watch. Oh yeah, and letting us change dirty bed linens and wipe nasty butts and measure out liquid stool. Wait, shouldn't they be making us cookies????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home