No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Quote 'o' the day

From my least favorite professor today:

"You learn in psych nursing that sometimes it is ok to leave your patient on the floor."

Although probably true, it seems like it is one of those things you just learn and don't need to admit!

Tonight I was the second degree rep for a Information Session for people interested in the nursing program. I'm not sure I was the right person for the job. Last week I contemplated asking for my money back for an hour of instruction I found particularly useless.
One of them asked if any of us planned on getting our master's degree anytime soon. Before I stop myself, I blurted out, "I'm just trying to graduate." At least I didn't add, "before I tell some of the staff what I really think of them." Then someone asked about the Leadership class and what it entails. Fortunately, the Dean of Academics (or something like that) gave some stock answer. Good thing I didn't have time to say it is silly and a waste of 3 hours a week.

Only 3 more days of classes until this semester is finished! Yippeee!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home