No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

One down, One to go

Tonight was my last night in my Maternal/Newborn Health clinical. I have to say that I think I will miss going. This is a big step for me. I'm just not the ooing, awwing type over babies. I think they are cute, but I don't feel the need to stop and hold every one I see and I also don't feel the need to talk baby talk. So I kind of thought that I would have a hard time with this clinical thinking that it would be all sugary sweet and everything. I have to say that I had a good time!! I think it was more due to my clinical instructor (who is awesome!) and my fellow students. Don't get me wrong, I still have no desire to be a labor and delivery/nursery/postpartum nurse!!

Unfortunately, I do have another two months or so of my community health clinical. That clinical just plain sucks. It is boring, we don't have a mission, there is no focus, and my clinical instructor sucks pretty bad. We have a paper due on Monday and I have no desire to work on it. For the first time in a very long time, I will do the minimum amount to get by and be done with it. I can't even describe how bad my clinical instructor sucks. She doesn't pass along pertinent information, she never comes to see us at our clincal sites, she never answers our phone calls (despite the fact her phone is surgically attached to her face) or emails, and she wears THE STUPIDEST HAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! She wears this hat that kind of looks like the hats the dwarves wore in Snow White only it is made out of fake fur. And she wears it ALL THE TIME. Inside, outside, cold, hot.....ALL THE TIME! Sometimes I can't get passed the hat and all I hear coming out of her mouth sounds like the teacher from the Peanuts cartoons.

One week till Spring Break!!!! Don't get any ideas, I'm not doing anything cool.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes not doing a damn thing is cool enough.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes not doing a damn thing is cool enough.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home