No, really - what is your EMERGENCY?

This used to be the journal of a nursing student at a prestigious 4 year university that will still remain unnamed. This is now the journal of a Registered Nurse working in an Emergency Department in a major US city. All names have been changed to protect the stupid and the mean. There is no educational value in this journal, sometimes it will be downright mean and catty - this is where I come to vent!

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Clinicals Saga Continues

So, I was sitting around on Thursday thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if I knew where I was going to go to clinical on Monday?" And low and behold, there was actually an email from my community health clinical instructor telling me that my orginal assignment had been cancelled (I had never gone anyway) and that I now was going to go to a cardiac rehab site. That's it. No other info. No directions, no instructions, no point of contact, nothing. Then on Friday, I got another email and all it says is, "I haven't heard from your preceptor yet, but just be at the lobby of the hospital at 900." That's it. Again, no point of contact, and not even WHICH HOSPITAL TO GO TO! There are several in the area. I have emailed requesting clarification, but I'm not expecting any response. There usually isn't. This should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home